- No more getting hot and bothered at work! https://t.co/wxcrF6dwP7 https://t.co/da9IUnBPwU 01:17:05 PM July 06, 2017
- RT @LRSC_tweets: Want access to all the latest road safety news from across the Capital? Check out the weekly #LRSC news alert: ➡ https:/… 01:25:02 PM April 27, 2017
- There's still time to enter our School Crossing Patrols Competition! https://t.co/HGMwFAnd5d https://t.co/p7shNxn4cs 08:56:51 AM April 25, 2017
- Our Street Feet Road Safety Training Kits are doing great things for communities! https://t.co/lLbkH24Ts4 https://t.co/ZKRmMTsaDW 09:47:57 AM March 24, 2017
Call us: 08450 66 66 99
Keltic Clothing Blog
Author Archives: Louise Kendrick
Once again as a Keltic Tradition we have all dug out our Christmas Jumpers in the Aid of Charity, this year we are raising funds for the Save the Children Charity Appeal.
Save the Children’s Vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. They Aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
This year alongside wearing a Christmas Jumper, we have all bought in some cakes and we are having a cake sale, as you can imagine there is a lot of cake, but it’s all for a good cause. We have also run a sweepstake to help increase the total fundraising amount.
Further to the fundraising instead of sending Christmas cards this year, we will be making a charity donation to St Giles Hospice, a local charity that gives specialist care and support free of charge to patients and families who are living with cancer and other illnesses.
At this point we’d like to take the time to wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. This year has been one of great developments for us and our customers. We look forward to working with you in 2017!
With only a few weeks left till Christmas, we’ve all taken part in Secret Santa ready to exchange gifts and have a few laughs along the way.
This year to mix things up a little, we’ve all been given a letter of the alphabet to buy a present starting with the letter chosen. I’m sure there will be some weird and wonderful ideas in there!
Watch this space to find out who receives what and also keep your eyes peeled for our festive jumpers on the 16th of December for Save the Children Christmas Jumper Day.
In line with Road Safety week, we thought why not put up a short post to remind everyone of the great road safety products and school crossing patrol uniforms we have to offer! To celebrate we have just launched our brand new brochure! Collect your copy by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Being safe on the roads is one of the most important things to learn, so through road safety education tools such as our exclusive Street Feet kits and role play equipment, this does the trick in teaching children all they need to know in terms of safety.
Not just educational props, we also strive to provide the best School Crossing Patrol uniforms on the market. Our Superior and Standard Stop Range of jackets, gloves and trousers offer the best visibility for Patrols when working in turbulent conditions through the winter.
And we couldn’t finish this post without a quick mention of RSGB which was a huge success again this year in Bristol. Thank you to everyone who visited out stand to say hello and share a cupcake. It was great to chat with new and existing customers.
To purchase any of the above or for a chat feel free to call us on 08450 66 66 99 and ask for Steph Edwards. Alternatively drop up as email on email@example.com
It’s Chocolate Week! What a time to be alive! We’ve only just found this exciting fact out, and are gleefully celebrating this glorious occasion by eating our weight in delicious… yes you guessed it… chocolate. It turns out that everyone in the office has a different favourite when it comes to what kind of chocolate they go for. We thought it might be a fun idea, therefore, to put together a list of each department’s favourite type of chocolate! How will Warehouse compare to Design? What about Body Armour compared to Custom Ties? Find out below!
Chocolate Week: Staff Favourites
10 staff choices in random order:
Cadbury Wispa – Corporate Wear Department
Ferrero Rocher – Custom Ties Department
Snickers – Warehouse
Plain Dairy Milk – Parking & Uniform Department
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups – Design Department
Cadbury Bournville – Body Armour Department
Maltesers – Sewing & Alterations Department
Galaxy (plain, caramel & cookie) – School Crossing Patrol & Road Safety Department
Yorkie – Funeral Wear Department
Mars – Warehouse/Packing
So now you know some of our most loved chocolate. We wonder which is your favourite out of the list there. Comment below!
If you’d like more information about chocolate week you can click here!
When choosing uniforms an important factor to consider is what colour to go for. Colour can play a major role in the look of your uniforms and your overall company image. Below are our top 5 considerations when choosing your work uniform.
Work Uniform Colour: Some Pointers
- What are your corporate colours? This is the first point to consider when deciding uniform colour. Remember, there are different ways to use colour – if you can’t source suits or shirts in your company colour, you can use custom ties or company scarves as a low cost way to get your brand across. Below are some less obvious but equally important considerations.
- Approachability vs. Authority. Colour can play a big role on how approachable your staff appear. For example a pastel shade uniform can come across as more approachable to potential customers. Customer service staff need to regularly interact with the public and need to be approachable at all times. By using lighter shades this can appear more friendly and break down barriers. A direct comparison would be darker shades such as black and navy which can create a more of an “arms length” or authority look. This can be an advantage for the police and similar roles which benefit from demonstrating an authoritative presence.
- Do your staff’s job roles involve possible confrontation? If this is the case then darker shades as mentioned above are ideal to create an impression of authority. A study in Copenhagen reflects just this – by changing their uniforms from green to dark navy, attacks on parking attendants went down by 75%!
- Casual vs. Professional. Colours can also differentiate work uniforms to appear either casual or professional. Warmer, lighter or more fashionable colours can appear more casual and even give a “cooler” corporate image; however smart casual is a tricky thing to pull off. Alternatively darker shades such as navy, charcoal and pinstripes can create a more efficient, smart, professional image. This is something to consider as you will want your uniforms to reflect your company image.
- Consider how your staff will feel in the new uniform colour – The choice of fluorescent pink shirts might have looked good on the drawing board, but are your male staff going to be comfortable in this new look?
Find Out More
I hope this has been useful and something to bear in mind when looking for a work uniform. For further information on this subject leave a comment! If you’d like to speak to one of our staff directly about your uniform, we’d be delighted to help you out. Just call 08450 666699.
It’s hard to believe but Autumn and Winter are fast approaching. Soon we’ll all be wrapping up warm to head out into the cold. For people who work outside, the weather can make a big impact on their days, and according to the NHS website, their health, too. This means that it’s time to be thinking about warm winter jackets for your patrols.
Winter Jackets: Make the Right Choice
Our exclusive STOP range of winter jackets, both standard and superior, are the best choice when it comes to keeping your School Crossing Patrols warm and dry in the typical harsh British weather. Added details of higher collars for wind protection, enhanced velcro cuffs to lock in the warmth and longer length backtails for protection from splashes are just some of the highlights from a long list of added features enhancing our jackets. These additional features will ensure that your staff are comfortable and protected from the elements.
We keep a huge range of stock in a huge range of sizes. All are available on a next day service. What’s more is that we send out samples to customers who would like to try out their jackets before they commit to purchasing them. This service is totally free. Call us for more details. Our number is 08450 666699. Our friendly staff will be more than happy to give you more information.
As always, the new term is coming up fast. Schools around the country are gearing up for new challenges and new ventures. Perhaps you’re thinking about investing in some new educational resources. If so, have you heard about our road safety kit – Street Feet?
We had the pleasure of working with one of our great customers Blink Ltd recently. They asked us to kit out their boy’s football team, for the presentation of their hard-earned league trophies. Requiring a specific colour for their team, we found the perfect match and added their embroidered team logo to complete the look. See the customised football kit below.
Every now and again we get a product that just ticks all of the boxes. Today we unveil a such a product. It is our exclusive Magnum Safety Strider Boots. This brand new addition to our existing Strider Boot offers all of the same features, but with added composite toe and composite plate, for your protection.
What Makes Our Magnum Safety Strider Boots Different?
Summer is really upon us now, and people across the country are re-thinking their wardrobe choices for the new season. Why should this end when it comes to your corporate uniform? Get a fresh new look for your team this summer with Keltic.