- Park Ex Street Style fashion show s... 19 Jun 2018 at 1:05 pm
- Keltic celebrate the upcoming Royal... 18 May 2018 at 12:59 pm
- Put a spring in your step with our ... 20 Apr 2018 at 1:25 pm
- Keltic donate fabric for Schools pl... 3 Apr 2018 at 2:28 pm
- New Business Casuals Collection now... 30 Jan 2018 at 10:22 am
- No more getting hot and bothered at work! https://t.co/wxcrF6dwP7 https://t.co/da9IUnBPwU 02:17:05 PM July 06, 2017
- RT @LRSC_tweets: Want access to all the latest road safety news from across the Capital? Check out the weekly #LRSC news alert: ➡ https:/… 02:25:02 PM April 27, 2017
- There's still time to enter our School Crossing Patrols Competition! https://t.co/HGMwFAnd5d https://t.co/p7shNxn4cs 09:56:51 AM April 25, 2017
- Our Street Feet Road Safety Training Kits are doing great things for communities! https://t.co/lLbkH24Ts4 https://t.co/ZKRmMTsaDW 10:47:57 AM March 24, 2017
Call us: 08450 66 66 99
Keltic Clothing Blog
Author Archives: Serena Groom
What does the law say about your school crossing patrol uniform? Next on our list is school crossing patrol headwear.
The law states that every school crossing patrol warden must follow these guidelines:
- School Crossing Patrol Wardens must wear a peaked hat, a beret, or alternative headwear for religious reasons.
Some wardens choose to wear the more formal wear hats while others prefer a more relaxed alternative like a baseball cap or trappers hat. Either way suitable headwear is a must!
What does the law say about your school crossing patrol uniform? Well, let’s start with the coats.
The law states that every school crossing patrol coat (summer or winter) must follow these guidelines:
- A knee length outer garment with full length sleeves, consisting of no more than two fluorescent colours covering the whole outer area of the garment (but may include non fluorescent *trimmings).
- The Garment shall be certified, by a Notified Body, to the highest Class of the standard for “High Visibility Warning Clothing”, currently Class 3 BS.EN471:2003+A1 2007 or future ISO 20471 equivalent.
- The garment is to include a retro-reflective tape configuration of at least two bands on the torso and one, 50mm band, not greater than 300mm from the hem of the body.
- The retro reflective tape must not exceed a 15° angle.
Don’t forget to keep up to date with the important stuff, check our blog next month for Part 2 of “What does the law say about your school crossing patrol uniform”
Stop means Stop – Respect the lollipop is a new scheme that has been launched across Trafford to remind motorists to stop for school crossing patrol following an increase in the number of vehicles failing to stop for the school crossing patrol officers.
Drivers and pedestrians generally know who the school crossing patrol wardens are and why they are there but many do not know how they work. Did you know that motorists must stop when signalled to do so by a school crossing patrol and it is an offence under the Road Traffic Act if they do not? Did you know that the Patrol sign signals messages to drivers and pedestrians? The school crossing patrol wardens use their school crossing patrol sign in a number of ways to let everyone know what they intend to do. I hope you find this page School crossing patrols – advice from Leicestershire County Council as helpful as we did – well you know what they say, you learn something new every day!
Why not have a look at our School crossing patrol uniform section on our website for more useful information.
We have some exciting news. Our one stop shop webpage for School Crossing Patrol uniforms is now live! Our School Crossing patrols do a great job helping to keep our children safe on the roads and their uniform will help keep them safe too. On a serious note, reality is around 5,000 children under the age of 16 die or are seriously injured on Britain’s roads each year. Here at Keltic we are dedicated to providing at top class service with top class information. Here is the latest update on School Crossing Patrol Uniform to keep you in the loop. The law states that every school crossing patrol should be issued with the following:
- A fluorescent outer garment with reflective tape
- A peaked hat
- A Crossing patrol sign
Keep checking the blog for more detailed information and the latest updates or contact us for more information.