With the Spring/Summer 2013 fashion shows in September a happy memory, it’s a good time to round up some sound rules for selecting a corporate suit. We have brought together some rules from the master himself – Giorgio Armani – who knows a thing or two about looking smart!
- There is an old saying that a man should look for something that he can wear, and not something that will wear him. In other words, look for elegance, sophistication, and timeless style. This is preferable to selecting current high fashion trends, which will date quickly—and date the wearer – and your business image.
- Now we come to style. A two-button suit is more timeless than a three- or a one-button. A single-breasted jacket is much more versatile than a double one because it allows you to dress your suit up or down more freely and you can use the jacket as a separate more easily.
- The most important thing when buying a corporate suit is to be sure your wearers feel comfortable in their uniforms. If they feel comfortable, they will feel more self-confident and be able to do a better job.
- The worst sartorial faux pas that can be made is to looking like you’re trying too hard. It’s important to develop your own individual style, that fits in with your corporate image and select colours and styles that really suits the wearer. By selecting the right formal shirt and tie styles and colours you can get a good balance between your corporate image and what suits your staff.
- When buying a corporate suit, go for a colour that will not date too soon, fits with your corporate colours, and is suitable for the type of work the wearer is doing. Favourite colours are charcoal grey or a subtle, interesting navy pinstripe. Bear in mind that light colours like silver grey will need to be cleaned or washed more frequently, and that plain dark colours like black can show bits and need brushing often.
- Confidence and a sense of humour are very attractive. Having an Armani style wardrobe doesn’t hurt either.
I hope this has been useful and will help you when selecting a suitable corporate uniform for your staff. We have a whole range of fashion forward corporate suits to choose from, so if you need some help or further information regarding choosing the correct range for your needs, please call us on 08450 66 66 99.