We don’t want to add to landfill unnecessarily so we make sure our customers benefit from having High Visibility clothing that lasts many times the life of cheaper products. Here are some things to look for when choosing your Hi Viz clothing:
- Yellow hi vis clothing should meet EN471 Class 2. We recommend you check each supplier has not only the EN471 certificate but full certification for both the fabric and reflective tape used – there are many cases where the fabric and tape only pass the requirements very marginally – a marginal pass this week could be a marginal fail next week!
- Beware hi visibility clothing that is too short – it’s generally not possible for them to meet EN471 Class 2 unless they are at least 60cm long
- Reflective tape used on hi vis clothing will generally always be Class 2 glass bead tape (Reflexite tape takes hi viz clothing out of most clients price range)
- Fluorescent yellow is very bright, and needs to stay bright to be reflective, does the hi vis clothing you are about to buy have Teflon coating to repel dirt?
- Think about style –check the arm holes are large enough to comfortably get in and out of it– to use less tape and cut costs some suppliers make the shoulder bands shorter by making the arm holes shorter, making the garment harder to get on
Hi vis clothing is worn by all and sundry these days – the high street is awash with hi vis… We offer very high quality standard hi vis clothing, but we also offer something different, so you can spot your staff amongst all the other companies and government employees out and about in hi viz yellow clothing. We offer over 30 different colours from stock – something to suit all corporate images, and many of our garments incorporate Reflexite hi vis tape, the most reflective tape on the market, enabling your staff to be seen from up to 7 times further away. More about Reflexite hi vis tape in a later blog!Google+