- Park Ex Street Style fashion show s... 19 Jun 2018 at 1:05 pm
- Keltic celebrate the upcoming Royal... 18 May 2018 at 12:59 pm
- Put a spring in your step with our ... 20 Apr 2018 at 1:25 pm
- Keltic donate fabric for Schools pl... 3 Apr 2018 at 2:28 pm
- New Business Casuals Collection now... 30 Jan 2018 at 10:22 am
- No Tweets Available
Call us: 08450 66 66 99
Keltic Clothing Blog
Tag Archives: Office uniforms for women
I think we can all agree the recent sunny weather has proven summer is definitely on its way. Now is the time to be thinking of changing your office uniform to something more appropriate for the coming summer months ahead. Here are our top tips and rules on how to get it right this year.
- Relax your uniforms. Summer weather can sometimes bring a more relaxed feel to the office; therefore let your uniforms do the same. If stuck in a stifling hot office, why not ditch the heavy suit jacket and opt for a short sleeve blouse/shirt and waistcoat look. Still effortlessly smart with a pencil skirt for the ladies and coordinating lightweight trouser for the men.
- Layer up lighter fabrics. If in and out of the office, you may need to contend with uncertain temperatures. Layer up with a smart tank top in a cotton blend fabric with a cotton blouse/shirt. Light weight fabrics such as cotton, linen and summer-weight wool can make all the difference, if in an important meeting you don’t want to be worrying about feeling uncomfortable in your uniform.
- Don’t show too much flesh. No matter how hot it gets in the office, miniskirts and low cut tops are not a professional look. Office uniforms for women are adapting all the time. Garments such as lightweight under suit tops and corporate skirts can provide enough comfort in hot conditions whilst also keeping a professional image.
- Try corporate workwear i.e. polo’s, t-shirts. This smart/casual look is getting increasing popular within the office (see our “Smart or casual; which is best for in the office” blog for further details) and is an ideal uniform fit for the summer months. Choose coordinating men’s and ladies polo shirts or t-shirts with your branded company logo and this can provide a smart office image, while ensuring your staff are happy and comfortable in the uniform choice.
Check back for further useful tips and advice on your uniform needs, if you need a question answering or would like us to blog on something in-particular then please leave us a comment!