- Park Ex Street Style fashion show s... 19 Jun 2018 at 1:05 pm
- Keltic celebrate the upcoming Royal... 18 May 2018 at 12:59 pm
- Put a spring in your step with our ... 20 Apr 2018 at 1:25 pm
- Keltic donate fabric for Schools pl... 3 Apr 2018 at 2:28 pm
- New Business Casuals Collection now... 30 Jan 2018 at 10:22 am
- No more getting hot and bothered at work! https://t.co/wxcrF6dwP7 https://t.co/da9IUnBPwU 02:17:05 PM July 06, 2017
- RT @LRSC_tweets: Want access to all the latest road safety news from across the Capital? Check out the weekly #LRSC news alert: ➡ https:/… 02:25:02 PM April 27, 2017
- There's still time to enter our School Crossing Patrols Competition! https://t.co/HGMwFAnd5d https://t.co/p7shNxn4cs 09:56:51 AM April 25, 2017
- Our Street Feet Road Safety Training Kits are doing great things for communities! https://t.co/lLbkH24Ts4 https://t.co/ZKRmMTsaDW 10:47:57 AM March 24, 2017
Call us: 08450 66 66 99
Keltic Clothing Blog
Tag Archives: school crossing patrol uniform
Here at Keltic we really value your custom, and would like to say what a pleasure it’s been to work with you all this year. You do a very important job and work very hard, and we just wanted to wish you a nice relaxing break over the Summer holidays – you deserve it! And at last we have some beautiful weather for you to enjoy.
In the meantime, we will be working hard on some very exciting new products (no rest for the wicked!), and looking forward to speaking to you all about them in September.
You can contact us on 08450 66 66 99 or email email@example.com to discuss your requirements. We are here all year round!
Last week Keltic attended the West Midlands Regional group meeting in Solihull. Alongside the meeting we took part in a Trade Fair with a few more school Crossing Patrol uniform suppliers. This was a great idea, hosted by Coral Holloway of Dudley Metropolitan Council held at Solihull Council. We can’t thank Coral and Kim Stone from Solihull Council enough for their hospitality!
We had some great feedback on some of our school crossing patrol wear, for example, really positive comments on our waterproof black SCP gloves and the cupcakes went down really well. Keltic held a prize draw to win a bottle of Champagne. Our Director David Barry gave us the honour of pulling the lucky name out of the box. Congratulations to the lucky winner, Tina Green from Worcestershire County Council.
We would just like to say a big thank you to everyone that attended for making us feel welcome and all the positive feedback we received, we hope to see you all again soon!
Don’t forget our festive offer of a FREE wearer trial of any of our school crossing patrol clothing, please call Serena or Laura on 08450 66 66 99 to arrange your free trial.
As we all know, it’s Road Safety Week, and as a corporate partner of Brake, we’ll be blogging all week in support of the fantastic work they do. At Keltic, we put a significant amount of our profits back in to road safety. In line with Brake’s road safety messages, we thought we would take this opportunity to highlight some new reflective tape technology that we feel should be more widely used in our industry.
Our School Crossing Patrol do such a great job keeping our children safe, and their high visibility jackets obviously contribute to this. What we find exciting is that a new garment tape technology – prismatic tape – is now available which allows wearers to be seen up to 7 times further away than glass bead tape. Glass bead tape is the older, less reflective ‘plain’ looking silver tape that can still be seen on many garments.
Just as exciting is the fact that prismatic tape also retains its reflectivity for the lifetime of the garment and gives exceptional performance in the rain. With the older technology (glass bead), tests show that the glass beads wear off over time and with washing, so the reflective values drop dramatically after wearing and washing which is clearly a concern.
The reflectiveness of glass bead tape is also dramatically reduced in the rain. At last week’s Road Safety GB conference, we demonstrated how glass bead tape ‘blacks out’ in areas where rain hits it. With the amount of rain we get in this country, and the fact that school crossing patrol staff work in all weathers, that’s also a concern.
With this in mind, should all School Crossing Patrol’s be wearing Prismatic Tape?
What does the law say about your school crossing patrol uniform? Next on our list is school crossing patrol headwear.
The law states that every school crossing patrol warden must follow these guidelines:
- School Crossing Patrol Wardens must wear a peaked hat, a beret, or alternative headwear for religious reasons.
Some wardens choose to wear the more formal wear hats while others prefer a more relaxed alternative like a baseball cap or trappers hat. Either way suitable headwear is a must!
What does the law say about your school crossing patrol uniform? Well, let’s start with the coats.
The law states that every school crossing patrol coat (summer or winter) must follow these guidelines:
- A knee length outer garment with full length sleeves, consisting of no more than two fluorescent colours covering the whole outer area of the garment (but may include non fluorescent *trimmings).
- The Garment shall be certified, by a Notified Body, to the highest Class of the standard for “High Visibility Warning Clothing”, currently Class 3 BS.EN471:2003+A1 2007 or future ISO 20471 equivalent.
- The garment is to include a retro-reflective tape configuration of at least two bands on the torso and one, 50mm band, not greater than 300mm from the hem of the body.
- The retro reflective tape must not exceed a 15° angle.
Don’t forget to keep up to date with the important stuff, check our blog next month for Part 2 of “What does the law say about your school crossing patrol uniform”
Stop means Stop – Respect the lollipop is a new scheme that has been launched across Trafford to remind motorists to stop for school crossing patrol following an increase in the number of vehicles failing to stop for the school crossing patrol officers.
Drivers and pedestrians generally know who the school crossing patrol wardens are and why they are there but many do not know how they work. Did you know that motorists must stop when signalled to do so by a school crossing patrol and it is an offence under the Road Traffic Act if they do not? Did you know that the Patrol sign signals messages to drivers and pedestrians? The school crossing patrol wardens use their school crossing patrol sign in a number of ways to let everyone know what they intend to do. I hope you find this page School crossing patrols – advice from Leicestershire County Council as helpful as we did – well you know what they say, you learn something new every day!
Why not have a look at our School crossing patrol uniform section on our website for more useful information.
We have some exciting news. Our one stop shop webpage for School Crossing Patrol uniforms is now live! Our School Crossing patrols do a great job helping to keep our children safe on the roads and their uniform will help keep them safe too. On a serious note, reality is around 5,000 children under the age of 16 die or are seriously injured on Britain’s roads each year. Here at Keltic we are dedicated to providing at top class service with top class information. Here is the latest update on School Crossing Patrol Uniform to keep you in the loop. The law states that every school crossing patrol should be issued with the following:
- A fluorescent outer garment with reflective tape
- A peaked hat
- A Crossing patrol sign
Keep checking the blog for more detailed information and the latest updates or contact us for more information.