- Park Ex Street Style fashion show s... 19 Jun 2018 at 1:05 pm
- Keltic celebrate the upcoming Royal... 18 May 2018 at 12:59 pm
- Put a spring in your step with our ... 20 Apr 2018 at 1:25 pm
- Keltic donate fabric for Schools pl... 3 Apr 2018 at 2:28 pm
- New Business Casuals Collection now... 30 Jan 2018 at 10:22 am
- No more getting hot and bothered at work! https://t.co/wxcrF6dwP7 https://t.co/da9IUnBPwU 02:17:05 PM July 06, 2017
- RT @LRSC_tweets: Want access to all the latest road safety news from across the Capital? Check out the weekly #LRSC news alert: ➡ https:/… 02:25:02 PM April 27, 2017
- There's still time to enter our School Crossing Patrols Competition! https://t.co/HGMwFAnd5d https://t.co/p7shNxn4cs 09:56:51 AM April 25, 2017
- Our Street Feet Road Safety Training Kits are doing great things for communities! https://t.co/lLbkH24Ts4 https://t.co/ZKRmMTsaDW 10:47:57 AM March 24, 2017
Call us: 08450 66 66 99
Keltic Clothing Blog
Tag Archives: second hand body armour
Would you buy a second hand parachute that you didn’t know the history of, strap it to your back, jump out of a plane and hope for the best? Us neither. But people who buy second hand body armour, which could be well past its shelf life, could have been tampered with, and could have been subjected to trauma in the past that may impede its future performance, are doing exactly that.
We would liken it to “ringer” cars, that have been in a crash and superficially repaired, but may not meet even minimum safety standards and may crumple in a crash when it really matters.
If you’re a local authority, university, part of the NHS, or a blue chip company, we would strongly recommend only buying Home Office certified body armour, manufactured in a UKAS ISO 9001 accredited factory. This is the minimum standard for adequately fulfilling your duty of care for employees that could be exposed to stab, spike or ballistic risks.
Well, we hope that’s food for thought – have a great Bank Holiday weekend, and do click back for more body armour blogs next week!