- Park Ex Street Style fashion show s... 19 Jun 2018 at 1:05 pm
- Keltic celebrate the upcoming Royal... 18 May 2018 at 12:59 pm
- Put a spring in your step with our ... 20 Apr 2018 at 1:25 pm
- Keltic donate fabric for Schools pl... 3 Apr 2018 at 2:28 pm
- New Business Casuals Collection now... 30 Jan 2018 at 10:22 am
- No more getting hot and bothered at work! https://t.co/wxcrF6dwP7 https://t.co/da9IUnBPwU 02:17:05 PM July 06, 2017
- RT @LRSC_tweets: Want access to all the latest road safety news from across the Capital? Check out the weekly #LRSC news alert: ➡ https:/… 02:25:02 PM April 27, 2017
- There's still time to enter our School Crossing Patrols Competition! https://t.co/HGMwFAnd5d https://t.co/p7shNxn4cs 09:56:51 AM April 25, 2017
- Our Street Feet Road Safety Training Kits are doing great things for communities! https://t.co/lLbkH24Ts4 https://t.co/ZKRmMTsaDW 10:47:57 AM March 24, 2017
Call us: 08450 66 66 99
Keltic Clothing Blog
Tag Archives: Stab Proof Vest
In an ideal world nobody would have to get themselves in a situation whereby they risk getting stabbed. Unfortunately this isn’t an ideal world, and many people do have to rely on stab proof vests when negotiating dangerous situations. No armour protects against everything, and there is no absolute guarantee of safety, but Stab Vests do actively protect you against attack from a blade or a spike.
Stab Proof Vests: How They Work
They are made from a composite material similar to Kevlar. It’s one of the strongest materials in existence. This is used in both bullet proof vests and stab proof vests, however both of these vests are totally different. A bullet vest will offer no protection against stab attack and a stab vest will not offer you protection against bullet attack. Kevlar is a very strong fibre which when woven together become even stronger and this combined strength makes it very difficult for a blade to penetrate.
A Pointer: When You Need a New Vest
Hopefully the person wearing the stab proof vest will be doing it out of precaution only and will not ever actually get stabbed. If, however, this does happen then the knife will be stopped by the weft of the fabric in the vest. The vest, however, will be damaged, as some of the fibres will be sliced. We strongly advise, therefore, that if your stab vest has been attacked once then it is prudent to get a new one as it will not offer the same level of protection second time around.
Make Sure Your Vest is Certified
The UK government rates the effectiveness of stab vests. The Home Office (HOSDB) sets standards for the amount of energy from a thrust that a body armour pack must withstand to come up to specification. You should always choose a stab vest that complies with the HOSDB publication guidelines. Doing so will mean that your staff are adequately protected. All of Keltic’s stab vests are CE marked and certified to KR1 and SP1 Home Office knife and spike resistance standards, including syringe and blunt trauma protection. Buying from us means piece of mind that your staff are as safe as possible.
You can see our range of stab vests here. Should you like to talk to one of our friendly staff members about your requirements, or if you would like to try out one of our vests for free, just call 08450 666699.