- No more getting hot and bothered at work! https://t.co/wxcrF6dwP7 https://t.co/da9IUnBPwU 02:17:05 PM July 06, 2017
- RT @LRSC_tweets: Want access to all the latest road safety news from across the Capital? Check out the weekly #LRSC news alert: ➡ https:/… 02:25:02 PM April 27, 2017
- There's still time to enter our School Crossing Patrols Competition! https://t.co/HGMwFAnd5d https://t.co/p7shNxn4cs 09:56:51 AM April 25, 2017
- Our Street Feet Road Safety Training Kits are doing great things for communities! https://t.co/lLbkH24Ts4 https://t.co/ZKRmMTsaDW 10:47:57 AM March 24, 2017
Call us: 08450 66 66 99
Keltic Clothing Blog
Tag Archives: staff uniform
Rebecca Jenkins of our staff uniform department will be taking part in Race for Life this June raising funds for the great charity Cancer Research UK.
Wanting to give something back to the charity, Rebecca will be taking part in the event along with her family and little puppy Harley!
If you want to show your support and offer a sponsor, you can do so via this link http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/karens-girls, alternatively you can contact Rebecca for further information on 08450 66 66 99.
Keltic corporate clothing will be taking part in further charity events in the next coming months – watch this space for more news!
Half way through day 2 and we have been inundated with even more great feedback on our staff uniforms.
Our brand new Patrol Shirt has been quoted as being a ‘great concept’ an ‘ideal easy care uniform that’s both fresh and new for the Parking market’. We agree that it is certainly an innovative product and allows CEOs to embrace their job with more comfort and movability.
Our staff uniform, the brand new ParkVest, has received similar reviews. Being another innovative idea for CEOs to help distribute the weight of equipment, and also great fabric quality with ideal breathability for the summer.
Please continue to visit our Keltic Corporate Clothing stand D42 at Parkex 2012 during the day – we look forward to receiving even more great feedback.
Spring has finally sprung and to welcome in this great season, Keltic is offering collection and delivery of samples on all of our corporate clothing garments completely FREE OF CHARGE.
Now is the time to be considering your staff uniforms for the coming summer months ahead so why not take advantage of our new offer available for a limited time only. We believe it’s essential to sample garments before committing to an order for a number of reasons, see our previous blog ‘Why try before you buy is a must’ for helpful advice!
Having been corporate clothing suppliers for over 10 years, we understand choosing a staff uniform can be a lengthy process and by providing samples this will help ease the pressure and ensure all staff are involved in the big decision.
For further information on our great offer, call us on 08450 66 66 99 – We look forward to hearing from you!
Following on from our Olympics recycled uniform blog earlier this month, another great staff uniform story has caught our attention.
At Keltic, we are keen to move forward with recycling and help make our environment a much cleaner and friendly place to be, so we note with interest that the UK’s largest fast food chain McDonalds will from 2012 be introducing 100% recycled uniforms in time for the London Olympics .
The story reported by the Guardian claims the restaurant “has been hitting back with a series of green and social initiatives” and has created “a uniform design model for the future which others can follow.”
We can all learn from this example and begin to think of the environmental impact of staff clothing, rather than it being just a uniform.
For further corporate clothing developments, keep posted!
The current economic climate makes us all tighten our belts, and that includes when it comes to corporate clothing. Here are our top 6 tips on how to keep costs low and save money on your uniforms and make them last!
- Shirts – Don’t boil-wash your shirts! Sounds funny but this is a common occurrence causing shrinking, loss of buttons and all sorts of other problems. Modern washing powders allow for clean results at 40 degrees or less, so there’s no excuse for shrinking your shirt to the size of a teddy bear’s!
- Jumpers and Knitwear – turn inside out before washing to prolong the life of the garment and the key is to allow it to dry flat naturally. Tumble drying can cause shrinkage and wringing out can stretch the garment out of shape if done too vigorously. We’ve seen some pretty funny shaped jumpers in our time!
- Suits – the majority of suits used as staff uniform these days are washable rather than dry clean only. To get the best results use a wash bag. Lay jackets, trousers and skirts in the bag, seal and fold in half. Ensure you wash at the temperature stated on the garment label. To dry, place on hanger, shake gently and reshape by straightening the seams and folding in the creases. Do not tumble dry, just leave to dry naturally and finish with a cool iron over a damp cloth.
- Hi Visibility jackets – we advise to wash your jackets a maximum of 10 times so that both the waterproof element of the jacket and reflective tape doesn’t degrade. Allow to dry naturally and wipe clean between washes as necessary to maintain fluorescent qualities.
- Embroidered/Printed uniforms – when ironing logos, too much heat can make them fade and pull. To prevent this happening, always iron the garments inside-out.
- Alternate regularly – It’s not all about washing and aftercare to make sure your staff uniforms last, it’s also to do with the amount of time you wear the garments, and the amount of time you rest them for. Where multiple shirts, trousers, jumpers etc are issued, alternate them on different days to give the fabric time to recover.
I hope this has been helpful, for further useful advice on this subject just give us a call!
2011 isn’t a leap year, but for Keltic, one of the UK’s largest staff uniform suppliers, 2011 marks a giant leap forward.
When we first started ten years ago, we were one of the first few companies in our industry to promote our business with a website. Many of our competitors didn’t have websites or email addresses – doesn’t that sound strange now!
I spent a long time with a university friend designing what we thought was the best website out there, not only showing our cutting edge clothing ranges but crucially giving useful tips on things like ‘how to choose the right uniform for the type of job role your staff are doing’.
Our brand new website aims to take this idea and bat it out of the park. Not only do we now have the largest range in the UK, we aim to be a one-stop-resource for corporate clothing information.
We’ll be posting regularly to this blog, facebook and twitter pages, as well as updating our news section with press articles and emailing our newsletter to subscribers, who get a chance to win a suit when they sign up.
We see our website as a two-way street and really encourage you to comment on our blog, our facebook page and on twitter. In the near future we’ll be recruiting field testers, who’ll have the opportunity to test our exciting new garments in exchange for providing us with their feedback on our blog and facebook pages – ‘like‘ our facebook page now to be notified of availability.
We hope you enjoy our new website featuring our great range of staff uniforms, it certainly is extremely exciting for all of us here at Keltic, and we can’t wait to hear from you.