- Park Ex Street Style fashion show s... 19 Jun 2018 at 1:05 pm
- Keltic celebrate the upcoming Royal... 18 May 2018 at 12:59 pm
- Put a spring in your step with our ... 20 Apr 2018 at 1:25 pm
- Keltic donate fabric for Schools pl... 3 Apr 2018 at 2:28 pm
- New Business Casuals Collection now... 30 Jan 2018 at 10:22 am
- No more getting hot and bothered at work! https://t.co/wxcrF6dwP7 https://t.co/da9IUnBPwU 02:17:05 PM July 06, 2017
- RT @LRSC_tweets: Want access to all the latest road safety news from across the Capital? Check out the weekly #LRSC news alert: ➡ https:/… 02:25:02 PM April 27, 2017
- There's still time to enter our School Crossing Patrols Competition! https://t.co/HGMwFAnd5d https://t.co/p7shNxn4cs 09:56:51 AM April 25, 2017
- Our Street Feet Road Safety Training Kits are doing great things for communities! https://t.co/lLbkH24Ts4 https://t.co/ZKRmMTsaDW 10:47:57 AM March 24, 2017
Call us: 08450 66 66 99
Keltic Clothing Blog
Tag Archives: Superior STOP Jacket
A demonstration of new Reflexite Prismatic Garment tape technology got the Road Safety GB North West group really excited about this new technology. One of the main benefits is that it can be seen up to seven times further away than glass bead tape, which is usually used on SCP uniforms, and it is now well within the budget of most local authorities.
So, for a little background knowledge, there are two main reflective tape technologies – glass bead from the 1960s and prismatic which is bang up to date with current technology. Both offer EN471 conforming levels of reflectivity. However, tests show that with glass bead tape, the glass beads wear off over time and with washing, so that the reflective values drop dramatically. The reflectiveness of glass bead tape is also drastically reduced in the rain. With prismatic technology, the tape retains its reflectivity for the lifetime of the garment, and gives exceptional performance in the rain. Tests have shown that Reflexite prismatic tape can be seen up to seven times further away than glass bead tape – thus making it a much safer option for those who work outside.
The consensus of the of the Road Safety North West group was that now this prismatic tape was available well within their budget, there was no excuse not to use it because it protects their staff better than the current industry standard, glass bead, which is based on technology from the 1960s.
You can find the Reflexite prismatic tape on Keltic’s Superior STOP jacket. Request a sample, a demonstration or a brochure, by calling Serena Groom or Louise Bennett on 08450 666699.