- Park Ex Street Style fashion show s... 19 Jun 2018 at 1:05 pm
- Keltic celebrate the upcoming Royal... 18 May 2018 at 12:59 pm
- Put a spring in your step with our ... 20 Apr 2018 at 1:25 pm
- Keltic donate fabric for Schools pl... 3 Apr 2018 at 2:28 pm
- New Business Casuals Collection now... 30 Jan 2018 at 10:22 am
- No more getting hot and bothered at work! https://t.co/wxcrF6dwP7 https://t.co/da9IUnBPwU 02:17:05 PM July 06, 2017
- RT @LRSC_tweets: Want access to all the latest road safety news from across the Capital? Check out the weekly #LRSC news alert: ➡ https:/… 02:25:02 PM April 27, 2017
- There's still time to enter our School Crossing Patrols Competition! https://t.co/HGMwFAnd5d https://t.co/p7shNxn4cs 09:56:51 AM April 25, 2017
- Our Street Feet Road Safety Training Kits are doing great things for communities! https://t.co/lLbkH24Ts4 https://t.co/ZKRmMTsaDW 10:47:57 AM March 24, 2017
Call us: 08450 66 66 99
Keltic Clothing Blog
Tag Archives: Waterproof gloves
Our brand new Patrol Mitt waterproof gloves have been launched recently just in time for the cold weather. We have had a great review from a serving police constable in the UK who has worn the new waterproof mittens on foot patrol and whilst driving, also whilst out road running on some extremely cold mornings. See below for his great feedback.
“I found them very comfortable and snug. My first impressions were that there was simply a build up of heat from within the glove, almost as if I had some mini hand warmers in there. It is quite unique and a bit difficult to describe. I thought that my hands would have been sweating, however when I removed the gloves, my hands felt fine and there was no moisture or sweat of any sort. They certainly keep the hands warm when required. I’m sure this has something to do with the three layers of fleece material contained within the waterproof glove.
On the top of the glove there is what I would call a small dome of fleece material which is fastened by velcro to the glove. In addition to this, the fingers of the glove have the top removed, in order that this fleece dome can be placed over the fingers when not requiring the fingers to be used for writing tickets or any other purpose.
On to the palm of the glove, the material is completely different from the rest of the glove. The palm is embossed with a rough, leather like material which allows for a very strong grip, even whilst driving. At the cuff area, there is a small tab which is handily placed when trying to pull the gloves on, also the cuff area is elasticated, but not too tightly meaning that you know your gloves are never going to slide off at any moment.
Over the last couple of days when the weather has been wintry I have been wearing the waterproof mitten at every opportunity to test out their waterproofing capabilities. I used them whilst scraping my car, walking the dog in the rain, shovelling salt etc. There was never any saturation of water or ice onto the glove and I found when using the mitts in these conditions there was still a continual build up of heat within as I have referred to earlier.
In summary I would say that the Patrol Mitt would be a very wise selection for anyone looking for a pair of reliable, warm thermal waterproof gloves in these cold winter months. From a police point of view, the fact that you can detach the fingers allowing easy access for writing is a definite selling point. These gloves signal a move away from a more traditional plain leather black glove and are a break from the norm. I would certainly recommend them”.