Visit our Facebook page Follow us on Twitter Connect with us on Google+

What standard shall I look for to ensure my staff are properly protected?

The UK Home Office sets the standards for body armour protection in the UK. From a protection point of view, aside from the CE mark, the Home Office Scientific Development Branch (HOSDB) standards are the only thing to look for. Be wary of body armour “made to” Home Office standards – it must be tested and certified by the Home Office – ask for a certificate to be sure. Simply calling something “body armour” or a “stab vest” does not mean it provides any protection – this is why the Home Office standards are essential.